Gone on a Holiday

Jess (c)2012 LaDomestique.com

Photo above taken by James Anderson

We’re taking a week off here at la Domestique to go on a holiday, kind of like the French do during the month of August. The husband and I are off to Seattle. If you have any recommendations for restaurants or fun things to do, please do share in the comments section. Follow la Domestique on Facebook, twitter, and instagram for a peek at what we’re up to on the road. We’ll be back next Monday, August 13, with a new ingredient of the week.

Thanks for reading la Domestique, and ciao for now!

1. Awesome pic! Have fun sis!

• Thanks sis!

2. Have fun!!! Those French people with their month-long vacations–I’m so jealous. :-)

• Lauren,

I know- I wish we could take a month off! Oh well, a week will have to do. Thanks for reading la Domestique!

3. Have so much fun! I’ve never been to Seattle, so I sadly have little to offer, but I once asked Robin from A Chow Life for a spot for my friend to dine and she recommended the Walrus and the Carpenter http://thewalrusbar.com/. Enjoy!

• Thanks for the recommendation, Nicole. You are the second person to suggest the Walrus and the Carpenter, so I will definitely try to go there.

• Thanks Katie! I really appreciate the tip!

4. Love the outfit + classic car! Have an amazing time, enjoy every minute! :D

• Thanks, Hana! I’m looking forward to a week of amazing seafood and good wine. Cheers!

5. Love the pic! Hope you are having a great holiday!

• Thanks, Renee! It feels good to take a break.

6. Hope you have a terrific, well deserved break. Are you going to get to Delancey?

• Thanks Tori! We’ve got a long list of places to eat, and I figure we’ll just see what happens. We are spoilt for choice!

7. We’re both on holiday! Well, we’re back and recuperating from fun times and too much food. Have a great time and “see” you when you get home!

• Thanks, Sarah. Welcome home!

8. Have fun in Seattle! So many good eats there. I cannot wait for a report.
    xxoo
    E

• We’re having a fantastic time in Seattle and I look forward to reporting back, Erin.

9. I’m obsessed with your wardrobe!

Hope you had fun in Seattle – one of my fav cities! (Sorry I didn’t chime in earlier about where to go!) Xo!

• Thanks, Elyse– I’m going for Moroccan chic this summer with the wardrobe ;)

10. I saw that Delancey was mentioned, I’ll add The Boat Street Cafe–Belltown, Matt’s in the Market–Pike Place Market, Dahlia and Lola–downtown Seattle (2 of Tom Douglas’s restaurants),Anthony’s fish bar is along the pier not far from Pike Place. These suggestions will have to wait until your next Seattle trip as i just came upon your blog.

• Thanks for your suggestions, Julie!